Sunday, September 9, 2007

POTD: SOOC...from that to this(before and afters) September 10th - September 16th

September 10

Alright, I decided that I did this challenge thing to get better, so I can't just use my wife's pictures, so I decided to take a really bad shot, bad composition, horrible lighting and white balance and see what I could do to it. I am just a beginner in photoshop and those of you that know a lot about photoshop I could really use some helpful hints on how to do things better.
































Okay, for this week I am cheating a little bit, because I didn't take these pictures or touch them up, my wife did. But she has had fun playing with her fairy brushes so I just thought I had to post these pictures. Since she tried to make our daughter look like a fairy there are some drastic differences between the finished product and the original picture. HHCC wanted and appreciated.







1/180 f/11 ISO 200 50mm
FA 50mm 1.4
AF540GZ flash










6 comments:

Sara said...

Very sweet,this is a good shot to use this on.
It's a bit too blown out in the highlights for my taste. Her dress is lovley and the setting perfect- I'd try again in the late evening when light is softer if you can.
Great job "making" a fairy!

Deb said...

Oh this is a beautiful picture for the fairy effect. Nicely done :)

Trisha said...

This looks wonderful! I love the color change and the wings look great...the little star by her hands is great too! Cute!

cherie said...

cute pose and location. I agree it is a bit blown.but otherwise very cute photo.

Mom2Drew said...

I like the fairyness here and don't mind that's it is a bit blown...seems to add to the nature of the photo.

Lorrie said...

great job on the baby picture! you corrected the w/b great. I agree with the op's about the dress being a bit too blown, but otherwise, perfect pic for a fairy. My dd's dress is a bit too blown in my fairy picture tries too!